This notice was last updated on the 29th May 2018
Calltracks has long been a forerunner in helping clients identify the most effective routes to their business. Because we are committed to our product, this includes being committed to anyone who uses our services, whether as a prospective client, a signed up user, or as someone who visits a website or calls anyone who uses the Calltracks technology.
This privacy notice describes what information Calltracks collects and how it is used by Calltracks.
Personal Information you provide when you visit www.calltracks.com (“the Site”)
When you visit the www.calltracks.com, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and may collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. Log files are an important part of running any responsible web page.
Additionally when you make a request to be contacted, or sign-up for a product on the Site, we collect the information you provide to us, including your name, company, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
When we talk about “Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice we are talking both about Device Information and Contact Information.
When you sign-up or ask to be contacted through the Site, we will maintain your Contact Information for our records to fulfil the purpose of your request. If you selected the option to receive marketing information Calltracks will, from time to time, send you marketing materials until you tell Calltracks to cease doing so. You can do so at any time by raising a request; please see the Contact Us section for contact details.
How we process Personal Information you provided when you visited www.calltracks.com
We use the Contact Information that you provide to fulfil your request for services or to contact you. Additionally, we use this Contact Information to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services where you have “opted in” to receiving such information until such time as you unsubscribe.
We process the Device Information that we collect to enable us to comply with legal and regulatory requirements to prevent fraud (in particular, your IP address), and to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the impact of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Personal Information you provided when you visited www.calltracks.com
We share your Personal Information with third parties.
- Google: Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Calltracks: Unsurprisingly, Calltracks own technology is also used to link browsing activity to a subsequent phone call to help us understand how the website is used by someone before they place a phone call. We also tell Calltracks tracking technology to:
- inform google analytics of any phone call made that is linked to online browsing activity.
- Inform CanDDI of any phone call made linked to a Calltracks website number, including the caller’s number to track potential leads of the Calltracks service.
- CanDDI: Calltracks website uses this technology to track specific individuals. We do this to fulfil our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
- Zoho CRM: Calltracks uses Zoho’s CRM tool to manage website form enquiries and customers; this is regularly reviewed to ensure that data is current.
Because there is not yet a common industry standard or how to interpret browsers’ DNT signals, Calltracks does not currently respond to browser DNT signals when interacting with our Websites.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to otherwise protect our rights in relation to legal claims.
Personal Information collected when using a website which uses the Calltracks™ service.
Calltracks’ call tracking services are provided to commercial customers in accordance with our contract with them. These customers are responsible for the data as the Data Controllers and for explaining to visitors of their website that they transfer personal data to Calltracks and how Calltracks processes data on their behalf.
When a commercial customer (‘Data Controller’) uses the Calltracks™ visitor tracking product (‘Calltracks Service’) on their website (‘website’), there are two cookies that are used to identify your browser on this website.
calltracksGuid: a unique number that records when your browser visits (‘Visitor ID’) the website.
calltracksData: a unique number that distinguishes between each individual visit (‘Visit ID’) on the website. This cookie may also store a number that identifies the referring site you came from as well as, in some cases, a number that identifies the keyword you searched on.
Calltracks stores website activity linked to those two identifiers, which includes the entire URL, the ip address, and any other information available on the website, such as other cookies, in accordance with the instructions of the Data Controller. This information will then be stored for up to one month. If there is a subsequent phone call to one of the phone numbers provided by Calltracks, at the request of the Data Controller we will link that phone call to a Visit ID (‘Linked Data’)
What we do with the Personal Information collected when you use a website which uses the Calltracks service.
In line with the instructions of the Data Controller, we compile the Linked Data and provide it to the Data Controller.
Calltracks only processes data in accordance with specific instructions of a Data Controller. Calltracks does not determine why or how the data is processed and never acts as a controller of the data it collects as part of its service except in so far as it is required by regulatory authorities to comply with a law or legal request.
Calltracks performs this processing as part of its contractual obligations in providing services to the Data Controller, (‘Calltracks Client’).
Do Not Track: The Calltracks Visitor Tracking product does not take into account browsers’ Do Not Track setting. The decision to use the Calltracks Service is at the discretion of the Data Controller. By default, Calltracks visitor tracking service will not operate without specific settings to enable it to do so. Calltracks accepts no responsibility for incorrect application of its service. If you suspect any abuse of Calltracks service, we would like you to contact us using the details set out at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Data Security and Protection
Calltracks uses several, industry standard methods to ensure protection of Personal Data. These include:
- Access control: All internal systems used by Calltracks have access control. These are regularly reviewed and the principle of least authority necessary is followed.
- Encryption: Encryption at the transport layer (eg, ssl, ssh, scp) is used whenever data transfer takes place.
- Firewalls: The Calltracks data centre has industry standard firewalls in place.
- Penetration Testing: Calltracks contracts accredited security specialists to review Calltracks’ infrastructure and procedures.
Calltracks regularly reviews and maintains their IT & Data security policies to ensure best practice is adhered to.
All Calltracks staff are required to comply with these policies.
Your Individual Rights
Your rights in relation to any of your personal data we process are:
- the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, a right to request that we erase the data from our records;
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict our processing of the data;
- in certain circumstances a right to have the data we hold transferred to another organisation;
- a right to object to certain types of processing;
- a right to object to purely automated decision making, including profiling;
- a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or any other supervisory authority in an EU member state where any alleged breach of your rights has occurred
If you would like to exercise any of your rights listed, with the exception of 8, please contact us through the contact information listed at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0203 199 9000 and ask to speak to someone regarding the Calltracks.com Privacy Notice.